Declined to take over Burg’s Battery. (The Battery was formed under the State Militia Laws in 1863 following two attacks on New Ulm by Dakota Indians in August of 1862. In 1914 the Battery was turned over to the City. It continues to be a ceremonial military unit now known as the New Ulm Battery.)
This is a current photo.
EDITOR: George L. Glotzbach
CREDITS: Al Ascher, Historian 1955