The Post and Auxiliary erected a monument in the New Ulm City Cemetery inscribed “In Memory of all War Veterans” on Memorial Day, 1934. A 50 foot flag staff added to the tribute. Inside the base was a sealed receptacle containing current issues of New Ulm newspapers, the American Legion magazine, the names of Post, Auxiliary, State and District Commanders, Committee members, and City of New Ulm officials. Members of the Legion and veterans of the German army enjoyed a banquet that evening. See details here.
EDITOR: George L. Glotzbach
CREDITS: Brown County Journal